This is one of my favourite Summer Salads because it’s very quick and simple to make and tastes so good. It can be made with Tofu, Prawns, Chicken, in fact just about anything you want! It’s fresh, spicy and makes your mouth water, it can be served as as starter, main or as a side for a bbq. Your guests will love it and keep coming back for more!
Gluten, dairy and refined sugar free.
1 small red, white or pointed cabbage – shredded
1 bunch of watercress
1 large carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
1 cucumber seeds removed and cut at a diagonal
Good handful of each – mint, Thai basil and coriander, roughly chopped
1 red chilli thinly sliced
150g white crab meat
100g Raw Honey
100g Raw peanuts
Good pinch of Sea Salt
Good pinch of Chilli Flakes
60ml Lime Juice
15ml Rice Wine Vinegar
60ml Fish Sauce
¼ tsp Sea Salt
¼ tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
30ml Raw Honey
1 clove of garlic minced
1 inch of fresh ginger minced
1 red onion finely diced
• Firstly make the honey peanuts. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and set aside.
• Place peanuts, raw honey, salt and chilli flakes into a heavy based pan
• Heat the mixture until it bubbles and changes to a lovely deep golden colour – about 4-5mins. Pour onto a prepared baking sheet and leave to cool.
• Next make the dressing. Combine all ingredients into a jam jar, shake and set aside
• Prepare vegetables and transfer (bar the herbs) into a large bowl, mix together
• 15 mins before serving pour the dressing onto the salad and mix together well to ensure everything is evenly covered, this will also mean the cabbage has time to break down slightly before eating.
• Just before serving add the herbs to the salad and toss through.
• Gently smash the honey peanuts into small pieces and sprinkle onto the salad.