Total Time: 20 Minutes
Makes 8 fritters
· 2 heaped cups of frozen sweetcorn, defrosted thoroughly
· 1 tbsp coconut flour
· 3 large eggs or 4 medium eggs
· 1 avocado
· 1 bunch of spring onions, sliced
· Juice of 1/2 lemon
· 1 fresh chilli, chopped
1. In a large bowl, whisk the flour into the eggs until smooth.
2. Mix in the sweetcorn, add salt and pepper.
3. Heat a little oil in a heavy-based pan and spoon in 1/4 cup of the batter – the mixture should make 8 fritters.
4. Cook until golden on each side.
5. Smash the avocado, add spring onions, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
6. To serve, layer the fritters on top of each other and spoon some avocado on top. They can also be served with a sprinkle of fresh chilli, a poached egg or pan-fried halloumi.